- Compact, fast f/5 refractor optical tube assembly excels for use as a guide scope, or for wide-field observations
- Coupled with an autoguider camera (sold separately), the ST80 OTA makes guide star acquisition easy and efficient
- Multi-coated 80mm aperture, 400mm focal length achromatic optics are housed in an all-metal tube
- Its 1.25" aluminum rack-and-pinion focuser has excellent drawtube rigidity with ZERO flexure. Drawtube collar allows attachment of autoguider camera or accessories via their 1.25" nosepiece with dual thumbscrew lock-down or via direct, ultra-secure T-thread attachment.
- Sold as optical tube assembly only, without accessories
It's baack! The affordable optical tube assembly (OTA) version our Orion ShortTube 80 achromatic refractor telescope is back in our lineup, by popular demand.
Sold without accessories, the ShortTube 80 Refractor Telescope Optical Tube Assembly is ideal for use as a dedicated guide scope for guided astrophotography pursuits. The fast f/5 achromatic optics provide a wide field of view that makes guide star acquisition a breeze. Its all-metal tube features a rack-and-pinion focuser with drawtube tension adjustment and a molded-in dovetail finder scope base that accepts optional Orion finder scopes. Weighing well under 3 lbs., the ShortTube 80 OTA can easily be added to virtually any astrophotography rig without exceeding your equatorial mount's payload capacity.
The ShortTube 80 OTA also excels as a wide-field visual telescope for exploring large swaths of the night sky or daytime vistas. Equip it with tube rings (sold separately) and pop the telescope onto an equatorial or altazimuth mount and you'll be all set for astronomical or daytime terrestrial viewing.
You'll love this refractor telescope's bright, expansive views. Its multi-coated 80mm achromatic objective lens and short 400mm focal length are perfect for scanning vast vistas. Add your favorite telescope eyepieces, correct-image or mirror diagonal, and finder scope or reflex sight (all sold separately) and you'll have an instrument customized for adventure.
The ShortTube 80 Refractor Telescope Optical Tube Assembly measures 15" in length. Its fixed aluminum dew shield extends a full 3-1/4" out from the objective lens to prevent dew formation and block off-axis glare. Another nice feature: the eyepiece holding collar on the focuser drawtube has two thumbscrews to ensure secure lockdown of your guide camera or diagonal. The end of the collar is even threaded with male T2 threads to allow threaded attachment of a DSLR directly to the focuser (with proper T-ring) for photography.
Limited Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. This warranty is for the benefit of the original retail purchaser only. For complete warranty details contact us at email@example.com
Visit our product support section for instruction manuals and more